Issue: This error occurs when the local database files get corrupted
Follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
1. Go into "This PC", locate and select the Local Disk (C:) Drive
2. Locate the "Users" Folder and double click it
3. Locate the folder named after the Admin User of the computer
4. Locate the "View" tab, then ensure that "Hidden Items" is enabled. Then locate the "AppData" folder and double click it.
5. Locate the "Local" folder and double click it.
6. Locate the "PhoneCheck" folder and double click it.
7. Locate the 4 Data Base Files and delete them.
8. Once these 7 steps are completed, Phonecheck should be able to open without issue.