Detecting eSIM through Phonecheck
As long as the device has an active internet connection and the eSIM is activated we will detect the eSIM and have the ability to erase the eSIM.
This information is documented and visible in the Cloud Portal
Erasing eSIM through Phonecheck
IMPORTANT: Without an internet connection on the mobile device, the request to deactivate the eSIM cannot be sent, and the eSIM will remain active on your device. Therefore, an internet connection is required on the device in order to erase an eSIM.
To erase an eSIM on a device, you need an internet connection as the process involves sending a request to the mobile network provider to deactivate the eSIM. This request is sent over the internet to the provider's servers, which then update their records to reflect that the eSIM has been deactivated.
Ensure Mobile Devices with eSIM has an active internet connection
Erase Mobile Devices with eSIM using Phonecheck.
Erasing eSIM manually through the device
If you need to erase/delete/remove your eSIM profile from your device, follow the steps below (Devices need to be connected to a WIFI network):
1. Go to Settings.
2. Tap either Cellular or Mobile Data.
3. Tap the plan you want to erase.
4. Tap Remove Cellular Plan.
For Google Pixel:
1. Open your phone’s Settings app.
2. Tap Network & Internet. Mobile network.
3. Select the eSIM you want to delete.
4. Tap Delete SIM.
1. Go to Settings > Connections > SIM card manager
2. Select a plan on eSIM that you want to remove
3. Toggle the switch to disable the eSIM
4. Tap Remove